Hunt says ‘unclear’ when #Brexit talks will conclude

| November 15, 2018

Around 95% of the Brexit divorce deal is done but the remaining 5% is difficult and so it is unclear when talks will conclude, Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt (pictured) told Reuters on Tuesday (13 November), write Stephen Kalin and Guy Faulconbridge.

“I can’t answer that question because it’s a negotiation, there are two sides in a negotiation. We don’t have a solution yet,” Hunt told Reuters in Riyadh.

“I think both sides draw encouragement form the fact that so much has been agreed,” he said. “The figure 95% has been used and that’s probably accurate. The 5% is a difficult 5% though so we don’t know when it’s going to be possible to conclude those negotiations.”

“I remain confident that there is a solution possible but this is the final critical period,” Hunt said.


Facebook comments

Tags: , , , ,

Category: A Frontpage, Brexit, EU, UK

Comments are closed.

Left Menu Icon